Thursday, August 6, 2009

Vintage Luggage

Vintage luggage...nothing like it these days...so many of the new luggage they make now is made cheap and seems to fall apart the first time you use it. But these...these are sure to stand the test of time...they already have...
Look at them in all their pristine condition...
I can conjure up images in my head of what this train case would've been filled up with on some ladies trip in the 50's...I'm sure some real red shade of lipstick and some blue eyeshadow would be in her make-up kit along with some lotions and night cream...
And a portable mirror to boot!
And look at this...the original Samsonite tags inside...the staples aren't even removed yet!
Just like brand new because that's what it is - never been used! And, I got such a deal on these three "just like new" pieces - just $50 for all of them! These were found at that same antique mall where I found the other treasures...
And, the third piece...again in mint condition! I would love to go somewhere where I could take all these three pieces of luggage and dress stylish like they did in the 50's with some way cool vintage suit and white gloves and some funky hat. Don't ya think I would be stylin'?!
I can dream can't I? Dream, dream, dream of some faraway place to visit...

4 comments:

kana said...

You are styling and what a great deal you found. I love them!!

sew revived said...

OH!!! I am soooo jealous Rochelle! I've been looking for an off-white overnight case in decent shape for years! I have overnight cases in green and navy.
And to score a WHOLE SET!!
LUCKY YOU!
Enjoy!

Anonymous said...

how great that the old tags were still tucked inside! THat make them all the more a treasure!

Auntie Joy said...

Hi Rochelle,
I love your new luggage. I found a similar blue one that had MY initials on it. Had to keep that for myself. I have used vintage luggage before, and I must get them too heavy... I keep breaking the handles. I think I will reinforce them somehow before I take them on a trip. They are so cool it is worth the hassle.
JOY!
P.S. My friend that I helped do her daughters wedding is taking me to Ruthie B's for lunch, as a thank you!