Tuesday, December 8, 2009

A Christmas Tree


I love the warm glow that a decorated Christmas tree gives...it creates an ambiance to a room that nothing else can. Magical colors radiating a room...green, red, yellow, white and blue...soon there will be packages gracing the skirt bottom ready to be opened on Christmas morning by excited boys and girls (and moms and dads too!)


How do you decorate your tree? Do you go for a themed tree? Treasured ornaments? Color coordinated? I always seem to go for decorating my tree with the type of ornaments that bring back memories of my childhood. I always remember those knee-hugger elves from my childhood. I was on a search for some to make some craft projects with and still haven't gotten around to it so now all those eBay and etsy finds are gracing my tree this year. Looking at them makes me happy inside and that is what seems to count this year for me.

Aren't they just the cutest?!




















What makes YOU happy?

5 comments:

SamsandAshsMom said...

I have fond memories of being roommates and us making flour ornaments together and potpourri hoops for our gifts. I do not have my Christmas decorations moved yet so I am enjoying your photos. God bless you and yours.xoxoDi

Jodie (everything vintage) said...

These little elves are precious! I can't say that I've ever seen any like this before...they must be old right?
I'm not decorating this year so I am sooooo enjoying everyone's beautiful decorations. Thank you for letting me enjoy yours!!!
everything vintage

shabbyscraps said...

love all the little elves! we have one "themed tree" and one family tree. The themed tre in the living room, and all the kids ornaments they have made on the family room tree!
hapy holidays,
xoxo, Tiffany

Janean said...

sweet little elves. what makes me happy? anything with iridescent glitter -- only at Christmas!

Cheryl said...

Love your little elves...what a special treasure! Have a wonderful Christmas and a joyous new year!