Saturday, August 21, 2010

Oh How I Miss Thee...

Oh Italy how I miss you

your cool refreshing fountains around every cobblestone corner
cooling ones tired feet from walking so far

your daily markets with the unique souvenirs
and ever so fresh produce and pastries

and who could forget this cuppa
it made getting up early to sightsee a whole lot easier

and this wonderful hotel in Rome
the air-conditioned bedroom beckoned my name after walking miles and miles

and those 500+ stairs that led to this view made it all worthwhile

a cozy rooftop getaway

to take in this view

and who could forget this hillside gem called Cortona
where I got to take in this view from my room everyday

and going antique shopping never looked so good

eye candy everywhere in sight

and sharing fun times with these two was a blast

such a simple life

learning to cook the Italian way

with a bountiful harvest of fresh veggies and herbs

produced wonderful food faire like this

and who could forget our field trips
this one was to a ceramic store

and this great homemade biscotti

was enjoyed around this table dining alfresco 
with a family who owned an olive orchard and produced olive oil

and to this winery to sample some of the best vino I have ever tasted

from these grapes

strolling the streets of Cortona capturing images

and making memories last in pictures

of this wondrous place

where friendships were made

and paths were explored

and my life was enriched
for this period of time I will never forget

yes Italy I miss you

very much

6 comments:

Gayla said...

Your beautiful post made me miss an Italy I never saw!!! Thanks for sharing!

Cheryl Simpson said...

It was a great time...can't wait to go back!

Holly Loves Art said...

Thank you for sharing all the gorgeous pictures. We went in 2007 starting in Rome, then Florence then Venice then the Amalfi Coast then back to Rome... it was incredible. I loved it!

Have a great week ahead!
Holly

kandeland said...

Oh! how I'm living vicariously through you right now! It looks incredible! I have always wanted to go....someday...
xo

jen said...

Rochelle I am am so far behind this is NOT FAIR! What a fabulous trip that was, hope to go someday...

luvs and glitter
~jen

Jennifer Hayslip said...

OH my heavens!!!! Your Italian getaway looks divine!!! Looks like you had a blast! YAY!!! Thanks for sharing!! XOXO,Jenn