Sunday, November 27, 2011

Every Breath I Take...

while out shopping at an antique store in oregon last year
i was shuffling through some old sheet music
(i am always looking to add to my collection)

my fingers stopped shuffling as i read the title to one of the songs
"with every breath i take"
i knew i had to purchase this music as it had meaning to me

my husband had recently sent me some text messages
that said this exact phrase

so, for my husband's 50th birthday
i knew i had to create something special with this music sheet

this is what i came up with...


i took my favorite photo of our wedding day and soldered it into a glass frame
with some vintage lace, silk flowers and of course rhinestones
added the word love to a decorative piece and soldered it to the frame


if this piece was to hang in our home, of course the color scheme had to be RED


an old hardware piece with some vintage typewriter keys that spell "xo"


someone had given me some old upholstery fabric scraps in red
so i used these with some burlap for the main piece


a vintage flower from an antique hat i found plus some vintage velvet leaves


love these old dry cleaner wood hangers


i scanned the sheet music and then printed it on some cotton muslin that i aged in instant coffee
some vintage buttons were used to frame the border


i also scanned an old card he gave me with some roses and printed it out as well
i used vintage buttons and a heart charm to frame it


i love the key i found to add to the bottom of the frame
i has a heart cutout perfect for this project


voila!

4 comments:

Holly Loves Art said...

Oh it's just so wonderful and such a thoughtful way to celebrate your years together. It's a beautiful piece! Hope you're having a wonderful holiday season.
Hugs,
Holly

Victoria @ The FAT Paint™ Company and ÉdinHome said...

I love that after the years you've been together, you and your husband are still creating wonderful memories!!
Victoria

Julia @ Vintage with Laces said...

Hi Rochelle, I don' know why but sometimes posts don't show up in my blogger dashboard and this must have happened with this one too, otherwise I wouldn't have missed it. Your collage is just fabulous! It was a wonderful idea to add that sweet picture of your wedding. Happy belated Birthday to your hubby!
Hugs,
Julia

Thespoena McLaughlin said...

Gorgeous artwork. I have so enjoyed my visit today. Happy New Year! Hugs!