Friday, June 20, 2008

Birthday Girls

The other night we had a nice birthday celebration at the Roadhouse Grill in Salem, Oregon. A couple of weeks ago it was my sisters' birthday and this coming Sunday is my birthday. As you can see there is a BIG age gap - oh to be 29 again! Those days have passed me by and now I am bringing in a new year of age 46! Yuk!!! I don't like the feeling of being closer to the age of 50 than to the age of 40. It's a feeling of "where the heck did all the years go?" They seem to have flown by without me knowing about it until I take a glance at myself in the mirror - then it all becomes so real! 

My little sis and I...
Us with our daddy...

Us with our mommy...

And us with the "younger" girl of the group, my daughter....

I am bound and determined to do lots in my future years to create memories to last a lifetime. One memory I will create is by going to Italy in September. I have always in the back of my mind wanted to visit there as my maternal grandparents came from there. It is a dream of a lifetime and it is a birthday gift to myself this year. I will be attending a workshop taught by this lady: http://www.sallyjean.com which is being held in the Tuscan area of Italy in the town of Cortona. We will be crafting a candelabra chandelier from some of the things we find at the antique markets of Cortona and also from some trinkets we will bring from home. I am looking forward to exploring the town of Cortona as well as Rome (this is where I fly into and stay for 3 days before and 2 days after Cortona). My son will be meeting me in Rome when I arrive as he is spending the summer touring Europe. I'm sure I will have many photos to share from this experience and probably many stories too. Italy, here I come!

No comments: