Friday, June 20, 2008

Farm Chicks Finds

Yes, Farm Chicks happened a while ago, but I just now have had time to post and add pictures of what I found there. I am missing a few photos of the vintage wheelbarrow and junior spreader that I got for our garden, but I will post those when I get back home from Oregon. 

Right now I am dog-sitting for my parents as they have taken my oldest daughter and youngest sister on a cruise to the Mexican Riviera. I am here for two weeks so I have a lot of time on my hands to read, relax, and do absolutely nothing. I am also enjoying some warm summer weather that they are having and visiting some of the great antique spots that they have in this area. Today I spent the day in Silverton and found some stuff at The Red Bench and another small antique store downtown. Tomorrow I think I will venture toward Portland and do some shopping at Bridgeport Village (love Anthropologie!) and also go to Monticello Antique Marketplace. If I find some great things tomorrow I will post those right away!

Here are some of the things I got at Farm Chicks....a really great shower curtain created from an old chenille bedspread and some vintage handkerchiefs and great pom pom fringe....

Here is a close-up of the fringe and lace...
Some more fun finds...a couple of vintage aprons, a rose tea set, a purse made out of chenille, an adorable small leather case with children and the May pole, a large syrup jar, an old red sprinkler, and an old wire blanket hitter....

Here's another close-up...

2 comments:

Anita said...

Love the curtain! What a cute idea... I had to laugh when I saw the little plates and cups. I just found a VERY similar set this weekend at a garage sale. Unfortunately the set of 4 is missing one cup, but I still couldn't resist it at only $2!

the said...

I was there!!! Iloved Farm chicks! You got some cool finds.
Maybe I will see ya there next year :)
Stephanie