Tuesday, January 6, 2009

Lackluster



That is exactly what the house feels like now that all of the Christmas decorations have been taken down.....lackluster.....no more festive, "Christmasy" look that it held for so long. I've changed the vivid color of the photos to reflect how I feel...faded and lackluster. 

Now, the original skeleton of a room remains and I so long for that "cozy" feeling that Christmas brought. I could perhaps turn up the gas fireplace and sit a spell with a good book, a glass of wine, and some light music playing in the background....recalling the lazy days of the season that Christmas brought. Now, all I see before me is a home which needs to be organized, cleaned, and many small projects that need to be finished. That is exactly what January brings....it brings it's cold, snowy weather in to keep us housebound with nothing else to do than concentrate on the tasks at hand in the home. Nasty Mr. Winter....go away with you now! I've seen enough snow to last a lifetime and I am ready for spring already!

1 comment:

karlascottage.typepad.com said...

That is exactly what I have been feeling. Which is why I started the swap to entice me into creating something. Glad you joined in!