Thursday, May 20, 2010

"Play" Time...

Today was all about ME...in the craft room anyway! It was MY "play time" 
and I got to make something for myself that made me smile. I got out a dollar store box, 
some old "R" dictionary pages, the glass from a dollar store 4x6 photo frame, some vintage papers, vintage buttons, and some other goodies that just speak "me" when you look at them. I wanted to put all these things together in a collage box and solder it all up and keep them safe. It all started with this cute little vintage doll who had lost her limbs, so I got out my trusted E6000 and put her "back" together. Then I let my creative juices go and created this little gem...just for me...

and of course it had to have my little sweetheart companion in it...the little queen mama lola...

and the colors red and aqua made an appearance...and her cute little purse says it all "I love to shop"!!

and it was all about "play" today...adding touches of a cute red bingo card and flash cards that say "to" and "me"...and an old letter "r" typewriter key became her dress adornment...

an old glass doorknob became the pedestal...

and these cute red vintage buttons became the frame around the box...

and it was all about the letter "R"...

because that's my name and don't wear it out!

and all the while this little mama was beside me with her little pups...

this little one cracks me up with it's tongue hanging out and it's satisfied belly!

Hope you are able to create something special soon that speaks "YOU"!!

1 comment:

karlascottage.typepad.com said...

They are looking so fat and cute!! I love that tummy picture.