Sunday, September 12, 2010

Oregon So Far

Well, my visit to Oregon started off really great
a semi-annual trip to our favorite place in Salem to celebrate a late birthday for mom at the kondidorei
they have THE MOST scrumptious cakes and desserts to choose from
the lemon cheesecake I chose that day was TO DIE FOR GOOD


my sister modeling the purple crown I made for her for her birthday


and mom wanted to get "in" on the picture action - she chose the strawberry cake


next day was a boating trip to green peter lake
it wasn't the sunniest of days
but we still had a great time on the water


our pilot Melissa maneuvering the boat across the lake


when I say it wasn't the sunniest of days
what I really meant was "it was darn cold"


maybe that's why on labor day there wasn't too many boats on the water
it was great for the wake boarders in the family
my brother-in-law showing off his moves
"upside down Andy"


sideways Andy


then it was my sisters turn on her wake board
love the logo on her life jacket


she claimed that the lake water was warmer than the air
hmmm....maybe I should've gone swimmin'...NOT!


and have you ever seen anything like this on a lake before?


well I was so glad that I did
cause when nature calls, and you are on a bumpy ride on a boat
this spells relief!


and then there is this little man....


while we were on the boat for the day
he decided to snack on some kleenex
thus producing a very sick puppy the next day
sending us to the local veterinarian for TWO whole days
for x-rays, blood tests, etc.
$300 later he is doing fine
but it has cut into my "buying" trip at all the antique sales here in Oregon
but, he is worth it and now we watch him like a hawk!
just the other day I saw him chewing on something and it was a quarter!
like I said.....watching him like a hawk!

Today I enjoyed a day antiquing in Coburg where they have over 300+
antique vendors lining the downtown streets
it was a nice sunny day and we found some treasures to bring home
their booths were to die for gorgeous!
Also visited with Martha of Vintage Trifles and got a great 
vintage bride and groom cake topper from her
Joy of A Day in the Life was also there, but we missed her - her hubby 
was manning the booth when we stopped by

Yesterday my mom and I spent the afternoon in downtown Albany
where they had their annual "antiques in the street"
there were many "deals" there and I found lots to load up my basket
now I just need to get crackin' on making stuff for the sale I'm in coming up soon!
Ran into Joy there and said a quick "hi" as she was busy with customers!

I will be bringing lots home and I need to get creative on how to pack everything into my vehicle!
Stay tuned for some pictures of my "finds"

5 comments:

Holly Loves Art said...

Oh what fun! I loved seeing all the beautiful photos. Looks like you are having so much fun. So very sorry to read about the pup and the tissue. What is with those small breeds and them loving the tissue so much? Bichons are like that too - they will grab it any way they can. When it comes to vet bills, it's almost like Monopoly money isn't it? Or so I tell myself!
Have fun!
Holly

kana said...

Hi Rochelle,

So nice to hear from you! Your pics are all so lovely and that sideways stuff looks scary. Your dog is so cute and I hope he is feeling much better.

Thespa McLaughlin said...

WOW! Looks like you had a grand time! How fun and great pics!

Jodie (everything vintage) said...

Poor baby puppy!!!!
Glad to hear he's doing okay! Scary!!!!

Oregon looks wonderful girl...now I'M JEALOUS OF YOU!!! ;)
Ain't it time for the retreats to start soon? I can't wait to hear all about them. Take lots of photos and don't forget to take me with you :)))
Have fun!

karlascottage.typepad.com said...

Poor baby! yes, they will chew up the worst stuff, just like human babies, it all goes in their mouths.

So you kept one?