Tuesday, December 23, 2008

Christmas in the Guestroom

It is looking a little like Christmas in our guest bedroom. The room has been "fluffed" and a few key decorations have been added to welcome our holiday guests. Here is the basket on the dresser filled with some blue and brown glass ornaments along with glittered friends.
And here is a close-up view.....
Here is a full look at the dresser.....
And another close-up - the vanity set was my grandmother's - the "C" was for Conrotto - her maiden last name...
Here is a Christmas village on the other dresser in the room.....
I just love the little church...
A cute chenille tree that I found at the Christmas in the Barn sale.....
So vintagey and cute.....
And look who was all sleepy-eyed and tired - it is the little puppy Minnie and Alyssa.....taking a nap in front of the warm and cozy fireplace.....
2 more days till Christmas!! And, I am a little bit more prepared for it. Today I finished all my present wrapping. I also made my stuffing for the turkey, green bean casserole, sauteed carrots and italian sausage, and the cherry-pineapple-walnut cake.....mmmm.....

Here is a picture of the sauteed carrots and sausage....rosemary and garlic too.....so savory smelling...
And here is ol' Tom the Turkey defrosting......
Hope all your preparations are going off without a hitch!

1 comment:

Sweet Cottage Dreams said...

Good morning Rochelle! All of your Christmas touches look so sweet and your home is just beautiful. What a sweet post! My tummy is growling now after looking at that steaming pot of carrots and sausage! YUM!

Wishing you all the very, very best for a lovely Christmas and a most joyful of new years.

(((hugs)))
Becky and family