Thursday, December 18, 2008

My Christmas Home Tour

As promised....Christmas in our house.....come on in and visit awhile......grab yourself a cup of hot chocolate or a warm cup of apple cider and enjoy the tour......

We'll start off in my favorite room - the living room - where it is all decked out in Christmas red.....
The Christmas tree.....
A sweet pair of old knitted socks.....
A pair of my childhood shoes.....
A vintage Santa and his sleigh full of packages.....
A little nook.....
A view into the entryway.......
Whipped up these curtains the other night - loving the way they warm up the walls.....
The mantle where the stockings are hung waiting for Santa....
Sweet little birdies in the trees.....
Best Christmas Wishes to you!
My most treasured of all - this creche and nativity that my parents gave us on our first Christmas 21 years ago.....my dad built the creche from twigs and bark from their trees in their yard....I love it!
A coffee table candle and the tray I made.....
Don't you just love this table runner?? I got the material on ebay last year and finally made something with it - I love it in all its vintage glory!
Some vintage Christmas collections.......
The first NOEL.....
Aren't these just the sweetest little girls......
Love these pom pom Santas and the tissue paper tree.....
Candy canes anyone??
The view on top of the piano.....
In the computer room Christmas Greetings to you!
Snowman and trees to hide the fact that there is no closet door.....
Our homemade Christmas village that my daughters and I made out of cereal boxes!
The sunroom - Santas everywhere....
Next up is the dining room.....there is a place setting at the table just for you!
A simple idea to hang old glass ornaments from a chandelier......
The table centerpiece.....
A close-up view......
The buffet area.....
A close-up of the buffet.....
The baker's rack all decked out in red....
Next is the kitchen.....a window vignette....see the snowy backdrop outside......
Another window.....
Way up top.....
Part of the snowman collection.....
Candy jars for the young and young at heart.....
Little rolly polly Santas.....
Hope you enjoyed yourself!

4 comments:

the said...

I LOVE it ! WOW!!!! Thats like Christmas town, you did a great job, I love everything red!

Sweet Cottage Dreams said...

WOW!! I am going to have to come back and look at this longer! Your home is soooo pretty and all of the red touches are just fabulous. You have some adorable pieces but I think my favs are the angels with the trees and your NOEL pieces. Just absolutely precious!
Thank you for sharing your pretty home with us!

((hugs))
Becky

Anonymous said...

You Amaze Me!!! Not only do you amaze me with your dedication to "prettying up" your life but also your blogging it...Very impressive! It all looks great. Boy do you LOVE red!
XOXO
Chris

Teresa said...

I love your village! I wish I had thought of cereal boxes - that is the perfect weight for these. They are fun, aren't they, and to have a family memory is pretty special. All my family remembers is no dinner or clean laundry until I was done!