Tuesday, May 13, 2008

Busy, Busy, Busy...

I'm back from "busy"ness and home once again. I know what tomorrow holds for me - LAUNDRY!! It's always fun to go away, but then coming back home brings a rude awakening to reality and the normal daily things that need to be tended to.

My daughters and I traveled south to Oregon where my parents and sisters live. We had a really nice visit and celebrated Mother's Day with my mom on Saturday. It made it even more extra special when we had lunch and treats from this place......
This place has the most awesome cakes to choose from and every time we go there I try to pick something new to try, but I always seem to have the tiramisu because it is to die for. So, if you are ever in Salem, Oregon you must try this place. We also spent the rest of the day shopping (what girls do best!) up a storm and brought home many new things!

On Monday night my little sister had her grad graphic design show at Linn Benton College. Her work is so great I am sure she will have no problem finding work after she graduates. The evening was spent looking at the different projects all of the grad students had accomplished through the year and also eating all the fantastic appetizers that they had.
My sister the artist with our parents....
With my daughters and other sister....
Here is some of her artwork - Chinese New Year boxes......
And an animal collage.....
I wanted to post more of her artwork but blogger is not letting me do it now - major problems and very slow uploading. Maybe in another post I will show more. 

This week also will be a week to finally get to work in the yard. We will be having very warm weather here so I must take advantage of this and tend to the garden. I will have to put all the other indoor projects on hold for awhile and make those flowers smile!

1 comment:

Charmingdesigns said...

Wonderful Post!! What a wonderful surprise...to see our little cake place...my daughter lives a block away and I'm about 15 min. It is sooo good. Laurie