Friday, May 30, 2008

A Travelin' We Will Go

Traveling has kept me very busy and away from my computer for awhile. We just got back from one of our nephews graduations from high school in California. We were excited to go there for that wonderful sunshine California is known for, but to our disappointment it did not show its face until the last day we were to leave. In fact, the day of said nephews graduation we were all bundled under blankets sitting in the football bleachers. Not something you would think you would see in California in May! We were all so glad when it was over so that we could get back in our cars and turn the heated seats on full blast.

The family freezing their butts off!
It was a good time catching up with cousins, aunts and uncles, brothers, sisters, and the like. Some I hadn't seen in quite a long time. They were amazed at how grown up the daughters were. And we enjoyed some amazing Mexican food that my brother cooked and also had catered. It's been a long time since I have had good, authentic Mexican food - it's just hard to come by in Canada.

Since there was no sunshine to be had, we had to occupy our time somewhere so the outlets in Gilroy seemed like the best place. Let's just say that I have my summer wardrobe in clothes and shoes and won't be needing anything else. I love the Gap! And I love shoes!

I am very excited for next weekend when I will be traveling to The Farm Chicks in Spokane, WA. I am anticipating finding a lot of treasures for our home and great vintage items. I am hoping that the weather is going to be wonderfully sunny so that I can soak it up. I've only been to Spokane once before so I plan on exploring the downtown as well. It'll be just Lola and I so I have no planned agenda - just an agenda for MOI! And, look at this great vintage shopping cart that found on where else, EBAY. I made a liner for it so that I can have hands free shopping and put all of my great finds in the cart. Lola will get a "free ride" all day inside of it. Isn't she cute?
So, wish me luck on my buying spree and I will be back home on Tuesday, June 10th. We'll see you all then and I will show you what treasures I found in the town of Spokane, WA!

1 comment:

Anita said...

How cute is that! And a lovely little foofy accessory to boot!