Monday, October 20, 2008

It's Raining Again

Yes, once again it is raining in this northern town I live in......I guess it is destined to become a record rainfall year the way it is going. I should have taken advantage of those few fall sunny days we had to get out into the yard to do some cleanup. Instead I fear I might be doing that fall yard cleanup in the pouring rain! I've been too preoccupied with doing things inside the house that I neglected to think about outside and all that is involved this time of year! Somehow the pretty fall display on my front porch is overshadowed by the dismay of the front yard......

With living room renovations almost complete, I have started on a new project in my craft room upstairs. My girls and I scrapbook a lot but just don't have the room for all of us to work at the same time in the same place. So, I came up with a plan to build a work station counter against the walls with storage units underneath to "hide" all of the supplies and such. When I was at Michael's the other day I saw these and thought that they would be the perfect solution.

My idea is to stack two of these blocks on top of eachother and then have my husband cut me out a counter from plywood to go on top of them. I purchased six units so that I would have ample storage space. I've assembled all of them and now all that needs to be done is the counter. Then I will paint or stain it and "voila" we will have the perfect work station! I can't wait to finish it - I will be able to use this area for a multitude of projects, including the chandelier from Italy that still needs to be finished!

Happy Crafting!

1 comment:

Paul or Chris said...

Great idea! I love the photo of the stone wall with the iron gate - I recognize it!!!