Tuesday, October 12, 2010

Beach Art Camp

one word...

AMAZING

this word sums up the art camp I attended

Terri Brush and her team know how to spoil a girl

I will definitely be going back next fall

back for more time to create art...

back for more time of laughing my head off...

back for more time of eating, drinking and chillin'...

back for more time of meeting new and old friends...

My friend Christina and I made the drive down I-5 headed to our destination...
Lincoln City, Oregon

On our way we stopped at a local farmer's market and got some munchies...


When we arrived I started snapping pictures of the amazing house

this is the massive theatre room



and what's a theatre room without popcorn?


and the billiards room which doubled as a bedroom


and now we get to the part where all of us girls were spoiled

just look at these tables


this was my place at the table I sat at


and each girl got one of these at their station

it was the art kit packaged up so sweet

all of the dresses on the fronts of these kits were different

a lot of thought went into these gems

this one was mine


and just look at these wine glass charms

again each one of us received one of these on our glass


yes, girls just wanna have FUN!


nothing was overlooked

just look at the detail on the backs of our chairs


looking from the dining room into the living room area

these were the two main "creating" areas


a look at some of the other unique dresses that were fashioned on our art kits







and this was Christina's place setting






I tell ya, nothing was spared these few days we spent together

a house filled with 38 like-minded women

soaking up the time that we were allowed to CREATE

it doesn't get much better than this!



the view from the living room into the dining room


this is looking out from the front deck of our house into the community surrounding us


again the community to the right of the house

right beyond those trees on the horizon is the beach


the back deck area with the hot tub in the distance


the sauna



the wine and nibbles reception

me and Christina enjoying our wine


a deck shot


just look at some of the amazing food we had

and this was just lunch!


a picture of Terri and me in our matching aprons


smile!


so, this is just a sneak peek of what's to come...

visit tomorrow and I will show you some of the amazing things we made

you won't want to miss it!

you also won't want to miss the list of guests that were there

each one sharing each of their special gifts of creativity

3 comments:

Terri Brush said...

MY GOSH! This makes me want to go back and do it all over again... it looks so beautiful all over again.. you got some fabulous pictures.. cannot wait to see MORE...
Miss you..
Terri

karlascottage.typepad.com said...

Those little dresses are so cute! I want to make some!

Auntie Joy said...

Wow,
Your pictures make me want to go... Oh wait, I guess I did go. It was so much fun and I think the overall beauty of the place just made it all the more special. Can't wait to see you at Artsy Tartsy!
JOY!