Thursday, October 16, 2008

Some Red Transferware

I haven't been collecting these plates, bowls, and platters for very long, but I seem to have enough of it to showcase. From visiting lots of blogs out there and seeing many home decorating magazines and books, I have seen various ideas displaying your collections. I was getting bored with my dining room walls so I decided to display my transferware on the wall. Wait, I still see some open wall areas......I think I need to go antiquing for more!
And this is a unique chandelier that I got at a store in Granville Island in Vancouver that showcased local artists - I love the quirkiness of it!
Here is a close-up.....
And I forgot that I had never posted any pictures of our upstairs bathroom after the new tile floors were installed. I got a few pictures of the bathroom just before my camera fell and hit the ground hard.......now the lens won't retract back into the camera......that cannot be a good thing. Now my camera does not work at all - only taking blurry pictures - not good at all. I guess I will try and see if this is covered under the extended warranty I got on it. I will be lost without it......

An inside view from the door.....
A view of the sink area......And the clawfoot bathtub.......
Hope you are enjoying your fall......and if you are living in Canada, I hope you had a really nice Thanksgiving!

3 comments:

karlascottage.typepad.com said...

My camera had an incident like that too, and I thought it was lost forever, went out and bought a new one. My son fixed the old one by just pushing on it and forcing it back in. I don't know if I can reccomend that treatment, but it worked for us. I use that as a backup camera now, since I already bought another one!

ps- love the silver chandy!

Paul or Chris said...

I have totally overlooked Granville Island... Where exactly did you get that fantastic chandelier???

LOVE IT!!!!

Erin {House of Turquoise} said...

That bath is fantastic!! Turquoise is my favorite color, but red is a close second! (Opposite of you!) :)