Sunday, June 28, 2009

The Trickle of a Fountain

I just love the sound that a fountain makes.....the trickle of water.....so soothing....so calm....so mesmerizing. On these sunny days I like to sit on the front porch and listen to the trickle of our front yard "bathtub" pond. This bathtub used to bloom with flowers, but I never really had much luck in keeping the flowers looking good all summer. Then I had an idea of turning the bathtub into a fountain - and voila - here it is!
I just found the statue at our local garden store last month. There is a little chip out of the bottom of her so they gave it to me with 50% off!
This bush next to the fountain is a random clematis plant that I just let take over this obelisk frame. Its blooms are white and lush.
Can't wait until they open up!
My hydrangeas are also blooming...
I just love the blue color of these blooms....
Awe...the blooms of summer - nothing like it!

1 comment:

Brenda said...

Thoes are the most beautiful hydrageas and I love the fountain:)