Friday, December 17, 2010

A Special Nativity

this nativity is special to me
not only for the significance of what it holds
"the birth of our Christ child"
but because it was given to me by my dad and mom
for me and my husband on our first Christmas together


my dad built the creche out of twigs from their yard
and the roof is made from bark from the trees


I found a place in town that sells the matching pieces to the set
so every year I add a few animals to it


I love the antique look
the company name is Fontanini


I added this camel last year
I put some battery candles underneath the berries and garland
at night it has a subtle twinkle that glows in the rooms darkness


oh look
we have a few of our own animals lurking in the room too

1 comment:

Suzi said...

Beautiful, we collect nativity sets and I love bringing them out every year.