Thursday, April 24, 2008

Bushes Are Bloomin'

Finally it seems like a glimpse of spring has arrived here in the north....despite the recent snow and rain that we've had! And, today the sun is peeking through the cloudy sky that we have. I hear that they are calling for more rain today but that tomorrow and Saturday are supposed to be in the 70's and sunny. That is something to celebrate. My perennials roots are doing the happy dance right now as I type! Weedy flower beds watch out because the gardening gal is going to get out her gear and clear you and your pesky little weedy families out of her life and yard! Can you hear them crying right now?

Look at my fabric collection....
I have plans for all this. I am going to recover my recliner and also re-slipcover these chairs so that they are in the same color family.  Also the vintage tablecloths that I have been collecting are going to make seat cushions for my dining room chairs and kitchen chairs. See, there is a plan to all this ebay fabric shopping madness - I just know that I need more fabric though so I must visit ebay again and see if there are any new vintage red fabrics or tablecloths listed. No wonder I never get any house cleaning done! I'm always too busy online.....better get offline soon so that I can get some laundry and cooking done today otherwise I will have an unhappy family when they come home.

Here are the chairs that the fabrics will cover...

5 comments:

Anita said...

Wow!! Your header took my breath away - love it! And then I scrolled down and saw the most adorable puppers and then scrolled some more and the beautiful red/white linens....Can't wait to read more posts! Thanks for leaving a comment on my blog! I'll be back...

Anita said...

How hard is it really to slipcover? I want to terribly bad on some of our own furniture, but I sew minimally and am worried it'll be hard and frustrating. Can't wait to see your results.

Cindy said...

That photo of your puppy is adorable! I would frame that!

Auntie Joy said...

Hi
I also love the photo of your puppy how cute is she/he!! We will have so much fun at Farm Chicks. You will find lots of great treasures I'm sure I heard over 100 vendors!! You will have to come by the RV and see the cowboy renovation. I love your daughters bedroom, I'm glad she was happy!
JOY!

Sweet Cottage Dreams said...

Thanks for visiting me!! Yes, Carmel is a fantastic place to shop! Sadly enough, so many of the boutiques have been replaced by art galleries. Remember the Mediterranean market on the corner by the park on Ocean? It is no longer there and is now a gallery. A huge loss to the town!!! We loved the food there.

Gilroy is a fun town to shop, too. They have great outlet stores there. Don't know if you know about those.

Lola is precious!!!! What a cutie patootie!! Oh, and your fabrics are going to be wonderful on your chairs. Toooooo cute!

Becky