Sunday, April 6, 2008

This Puppy....


This little puppy has changed my life.  She is the sweetest and cuddliest puppy I know.  The first picture was taken on the day we picked her up in Vancouver, BC. She came over from Brazil (it's a wonder that she has survived the BC winter when she came from a warm climate!) and has since taken over our household.  She is now nine months old and has done much in her short time here. From day one she has been put in her "puppy purse" and has gone everywhere with me. Literally, everywhere! She weighs four pounds and I don't think she is going to get much bigger. She pretty much rules the roost (as far as the animals go) in our house.  She doesn't let size get in the way of what she wants. She has travelled to Nova Scotia, Prince Edward Island, Vegas, Oregon, and California. She is such a good traveller, sleeping in her purse the whole airplane flight, and then ready to go once we get to our destination. I'm sure she will travel to many other places in her future.

I was just thinking how great it would be to have the life of a dog (or puppy). To always be fed on time, bathed, loved, carted around, and to have a permanent bed on someone's lap. There are days when I dream of that. Especially after a day where my bones ache or I'm just plain too tired to go on.  Oh the life of a dog.....

No comments: