Sunday, April 13, 2008

So Many Projects....So Little Time

Well, for the past three days I have been cleaning and clearing out our daughter's room so I can paint it. Yes, it has taken me THREE days! I cannot believe how much one person can accumulate and how many places in a bedroom that it can be stashed! Well, now as you can see it is completely empty except for the bed. Today I will be filling the little holes on the walls and painting up a storm. 
Before photos.....
And another one.....
The room looks so spacious and clean and tidy that I almost hate the idea of putting back all the clutter!! I have got some storage things to make it look less cluttered, but let me tell ya, this girl has lots of stuff! I don't think that she has ever gotten rid of anything in her whole 19 years of age! Well, while the girl is away basking in the sun of the Mexican Riviera this mama has done all of the de-cluttering for her! That's what she gets for going on a nice holiday and not taking moi!

Yesterday was a nice warm and sunny day. I really should've gotten to the yard outside, but had no one at home to help me and I just couldn't face doing it on my own. Plus, I had the room above at hand and really wanted to finish it up - it has to be done before Thursday when said daughter returns.

I purchased a 1920's upright piano on Craigslist for $50!! It is gorgeous. We will have to have piano movers pick it up and deliver to us, but for $50 how could you go wrong!! Now all I need to get is a piano stool for it. I am searching on ebay and am watching a few. Maybe I can visit a few thrift and antique stores to see if there are any out there locally.

Well, it's time to stop putting off the inevitable and start painting that room!

No comments: